I know I go a little overboard sometimes with bragging about our APSD Professional Home Stagers, but you know, when you are out there working your tail off, and you achieve great things, I think it is important that you are getting some well deserved recognition.
A few weeks back, I posted an article on what it takes to be a huge home staging success and a few of our members took it to heart…well, in fairness, they had taken it to heart about a year ago, when they first started with APSD.
Barbara Heathcote of NC and Mannie Tantawy of VA are both rolling in Home Staging Successes! Barb and Mannie both came to APSD at the beginning of the year and entered into the APSD Certified Home Stager Program.
In April, when I offered my Hand’s On Stager Pro course, they both registered and that is where they met. From there, went on to take the APSD Property Scene Designer Program and are now, both in the APSD Certified Trainers Course.
They are both having AMAZING Success–Barb just did a house this week (and secured 2 more stagings from different clients, she has an open house event scheduled as well and the opportunity to work with an “Investor of Influence” to stage all of his homes.
Mannie just put a house under contract that she staged…in just 26 days, and has booked 2 investors houses this week….notice I said “houses” because both clients have multiple properties, received another referral and hired an assistant because she was getting so much work!
Please take a moment to congratulate those APSD shining stars for taking their Training for Home Stagers to the next level!!!
So, how did they get to be such superstars while both working full time jobs?
They have specific similarities that they learned through their training for home staging at APSD, and acted on it.
1) They both stopped to develop their vision so they knew very clearly what they wanted to achieve with their home staging business.
2) They both took action. Once they took their first APSD Home Stager Certification Course, they went out and found their “Home Staging Center of Influence” and did what it took to make that person happy. Then, they took that to the next step with their home staging training.
3) Both invested in themselves and their businesses by continuing their training in the home staging industry. They did not run out and say, “oh, I have to buy a bunch of stuff before I can do anything” or “I should do a staging or two before the next class,” they registered for the next class and then went out with the knowledge they already had and secured home staging jobs.
4) Neither threw in the towel. Mannie and Barb have both had their ups and downs, as do we all, but the truth is that they never threw in the towel. They knew that they had the knowledge, expertise and skill that they learned from their home staging training to keep moving forward so that is the only direction they faced.
5) And finally, they applied their training as certified home stagers. Yes, this sounds simple, but I know for a fact that since coming to APSD and working with me, they have both raised their prices, they have both increased their business at least 4 fold, and they are both able to grow their home staging businesses to meet their vision…all in less than one year!
Barb and Mannie—CONGRATULATIONS! You deserve all that you receive!
And if you want to learn to achieve the same success as these two APSD shining stars…you are about to have your chance…Come to the best home staging training event of the YEAR… “STAGE!” ww.apsdmembers.com/stage It will take you to Center STAGE and help you to achieve your home staging dreams.
If you really want to learn to clarify your home staging vision, act on it, learn to tap into your new “home staging” center of influence, get more jobs, have clients coming to you instead of chasing them down….learn to market your home staging business… and so much more, then get registered for STAGE today, because this is a home staging training event like no other…and before you know it, you will be in the APSD Rock n Roll Home Staging Training Hall of Fame too!
Wishing you enormous Home Staging Success!
Kristy Morrison -COO APSD
& Karen Schaefer -Founder APSD
Founder/Creative Director; APSD The Association of Property Scene Designers
The World Leader in Home Staging Training and Certification